Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - For Sale Spotted a GT Veloce 1750 for sale
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
Steve105

Spotted a GT Veloce 1750 for sale

They went for a non original black leather interior?

The 1750 GTV's Series 1 cars never came with a black leather interior!
The 1750 GTV's Series 1 cars only came in the Bertone DeLuxe pattern option in Pelle Testa di Moro: dark brown 'leather' seats and door cards or Pelle Rossa: red 'leather' seats and door cards.
I've seen this sort of mistake in the restoration process before, which catches out individuals either owners or restoration companies who are are not familiar with the cars.
https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/m...bertone/780539
I do accept that past and present cultural trends exist which are counter to factory specifications of the cars. I think it's important to clarify what is a factory specification and what is a cultural trend (like non standard black interiors in leather for 1750 GTV Series 1 and GT Veloce 1600) (The 1750 GTV Series 1 had a black vinyl interior but the GT Veloce 1600 never had a black vinyl interior).
Some vendors supply a black vinyl interiors for the GT Veloce 1600 which may be their response to demand/cultural trends as opposed to preparing a car to original specifications or concours.
I have sent the manager of RMSothebys some information so as to inform them the car has a nonstandard interior.
Steve

Last edited by Steve105; 08-13-2019 at 04:59 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome