Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - For Sale 1972 GTV - Fully Built Vintage Customs/Terry Tinney
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 11:15 PM
nunki

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilry View Post

Full info below, but essentially I went in and rebuilt every part of this car with (what I felt) were all of the best parts from the best "experts." I built the car I wanted and understand if it's not to everyone's tastes but I believe the work quality is above reproach. Terry Tinney built the motor and transmission and Vintage Customs finished off the interior, electrical, and fuel. Yes, it was that saga. I have receipts and invoices for about $70,000 of the work, but am missing a few from some of the random work/parts. For what it's worth, I'm at about $75,000 invested beyond the price of the car.

The car is located in Santa Cruz, CA, tucked nicely in my garage. I am not in a rush to sell it but will certainly do so for the right price to the right buyer. I am asking $65,000 but am open to offers. I will attach some photos but have plenty more available by request, along with the aforementioned invoices. I also have progress photos showing nearly all of the work (body, interior, carbs, wheels, etc.) Yes, this car was on Bring A Trailer but had an unsuccessful auction. Someone came in immediately with a big-boy bid and successfully scared others off from bidding (or so it seems to me) and the reserve was not met.
Honestly, long-time Alfa owners in the U.S. have endured decades of spending two to five times the amount of money restoring and maintaining a car than it is worth on the open market.

That is to say that you spent $75K while the current market for your car is circa $40K is kind of familiar territory for many of us.

Nonetheless, I hope you find a buyer.

Last edited by nunki; 07-25-2019 at 06:47 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome