Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Wanted Giulietta headlight bucket snap in nut clips
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Barn101

An update for this silly search for two stinkin' cage nuts that supposedly could have materialized at a local mom & pop hardware with ease. If anyone else may think of using the item's "tip" link above, a bit of a warning; call first with any exact measurement you may have.

I ordered cage nuts and square nuts for the headlight assemblies, among other things that I needed...but, batted 0-for on those. The threaded 5mm female parts were right, but the O.D. and even the clip were not correct. All was not lost, however. While the square nuts I ordered were too small for the 4 slots on the built-in body's headlight receiving locations, they are the right size for the buckets (if they had the right cage nut clip around them)...but, when I took the new cage nuts apart, the square nuts were perfect for the 4 body spots.

So back to the correct size cage nut search. I actually did get a lot of other assembly stuff done today, but I wanted to get my headlights in and the new harness wires to them. Ugh.

Hope to see a few of you in Pittsburgh Friday. The weather is as thick as pea soup, so be warned about that too!
Attached Images

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome