Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - '95 LS, bad gas, how to drain.
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
horsewidower
Gold Subscriber

Well, that was an interesting hour. Relay was in the wrong place, and the wiring was different than posted.

The relays were behind a cover.
The reddish relay should have been the fuel relay...it wasn't. Hopefully nothing electronic was hurt when I plugged in the jumper and turned the key. No smoke, so let's hope.
I finally pulled out the sockets themselves, looking for the pink wire and pink and white wire. There were no such things coming from the "fuel relay socket."
So I moved to the second socket, found pink, pink and white, and two pink and black with different gauges. I went pink to pink and white...no joy. I then looked at the relay and noticed that the 30 to 87 was pink to pink and black. So I plugged that in...yeah, gas gushing.

Let's hope I didn't fry anything.

I'm this close to buying a new "roller skate" with a warranty...

Pictures:
Attached Images

Everyday is a school day. Learning something new all the time

View my '74 GTV restoration at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

View my '91 164s adventure at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

But wait there's more: View my 164LS thread, now parts car status:

You're kidding, another one?! 1984 GTV6 Maratona

You didn't...oh yes I did. '73 Berlina graduate course in rust repair. No thread yet, don't want to piss off the GTV

You didn't...oh yes I did II. 1995 164LS 5 speed, awesome when it runs!!!

Musings on shop related items:

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome