Thanks for the additional insights. In response to your questions:
- The coolant temp sensor is not new. I never even removed it from the intake manifold. I just moved the whole manifold over to the new head.
- Agree the system may not be bled properly. I have followed Peteís instructions up to the point of starting the car. I ran out of time and need to complete his process, which Iím following to the letter.
- Every drive is a fast Italian tune up. 😎
- I am doing all of this with the heater on, but I donít know what a heater tap is.
- Yes, the carbs have metal tags with numbers on them. Serial numbers I presume. They are sequential.
- Thereís more wrong with the car than just this, Craig, but this is the most troubling issue right now because Iím not comfortable driving the car until I sort it out. The slowly rusting wheel arches and soaking wet diff arenít showstoppers.
I will report back on my progress.