Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - LED 7" Headlight Conversion
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:31 PM
Alfa69GTV1750
Platinum Subscriber

I would look around very thoroughly and read the technical specs very carefully. There are myriads of LED conversions out there and most of them are junk.

I have 3 sets (6 lights; 20,000 lumens total) of LED lights on my BMW motorcycle (important to be seen) and they throw a ton of light way down the road when they are at full power (I use them mostly at low power to radically change the visual presentation of the bike and am very careful about switching them to full power anytime other than daylight). The lighting pattern really matters, so make sure that is well described in the technical specifications.

Pure light power isn't worth much as the beam pattern may be the wrong pattern, or in cheaper lights may not really have a pattern at all.

I tried some aftermarket bulb conversions on another vehicle, and 2 of the 4 bulbs were DOA. I have a set from another manufacturer waiting for my 66 Super, but my goals are current reduction as I'm not concerned much about the light quality since I live in San Diego which is well lit, and I don't like driving a little car at night anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luscombe1940 View Post
Thanks Mikex2,

I totally get the, you get what you pay for. When I restored my 74 I was careful to select quality and avoid the buy cheap, buy twice, syndrome.
The 7" LED headlight conversion is still a bit of a mystery to me. There are many to choose from and they are not equal. The reason for my post was to see what others, like yourself, have purchased and how that worked out. I have not looked at the JW speaker models yet. The price is a bit of a shocker. $750 a pair is a lot. I plan on making the conversion and will report back, I am hopeful I can find a good set that doesn't break the bank.

I appreciate your post.

Mike
1969 GTV 1750
1966 Super
San Diego, CA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome