Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - LED 7" Headlight Conversion
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Luscombe1940
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikex2 View Post
I have JW Speaker LED's on my Jeep with supplemental LED fog lights. On low beams the top of the beam is clipped similar to the Euro Hella Halogens of old. The fog lights light up the ground right in front of the jeep (it is lifted 3 inches) and the low beams from the headlights light a clear path down the road and off to the side. The highbeams are actually much less intrusive on oncoming traffic as they are specifically focused straight ahead of the vehicle. I tried a pair of the JW Speaker clones on another vehicle...they were $200 vs $750 for JW Speakers and the difference in light/beam focus was obvious. You will get what you pay for. The clones are all plastic and the JW Speaker has an aluminium back shell. Ordered JW Speaker LED Fronts for my spider last week.
Thanks Mikex2,

I totally get the, you get what you pay for. When I restored my 74 I was careful to select quality and avoid the buy cheap, buy twice, syndrome.
The 7" LED headlight conversion is still a bit of a mystery to me. There are many to choose from and they are not equal. The reason for my post was to see what others, like yourself, have purchased and how that worked out. I have not looked at the JW speaker models yet. The price is a bit of a shocker. $750 a pair is a lot. I plan on making the conversion and will report back, I am hopeful I can find a good set that doesn't break the bank.

I appreciate your post.

Gary
74 Spider - Completed; Tuning Weber's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome