Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - LED 7" Headlight Conversion
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 05:46 AM
conedriver
Platinum Subscriber

No experience with LED's. I changed the headlights on my '91 Spider to Euro lights from the old IAP; along with their headlight relay kit. This setup seems to work quite well, and I try to never let an oncoming vehicle see the high beams.

LED headlights are the hot new thing. Other than the extreme "whiteness" of the light, is the llumination of things at night really better?. I kinda wonder if LED's are really cheaper to produce but are foisted on the public as an improvement that can be sold for a higher price.

No offense to the original poster, I get highly exercised over excessively bright and/or mis-used lights. End of rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luscombe1940 View Post
Anyone have experience with changing out their 7" sealed beams for 7" LED headlights?

I am looking into putting LED's on my Alfa and wondering what others have done. There are plenty of different choices on Summit Racing's site alone.

What did you end up doing, how did it work out and what would you suggest going forward?

Thanks,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

George Schweikle

1976 Spider (Dedicated Autocrosser, "SPICA, No Carbs")
1991 Spider Veloce (Retirement cruiser)
Scuderia Non Originale

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome