Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - No such thing as a small project....
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Hodgepodge
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quick update. Everything is out of the car except for th drivers seat and I drive it over to the paint shop. Funny how different the car sounds with no interior. All of the exterior trim has been removed except the bumpers so the body guy can align them and adjust the front openings. Handles, badges, trim rings, etc., all removed. I drilled new hols for the missing Pininfarina badges that, amazingly, were exactly where they were originally. The top frame came apart with moderate difficulty and is now at the the powdercoat shop. All of the guages have been removed and sent to North Hollywood Speedometer to be cleaned up and to have the rings rechromed. The new top and related parts came in from Classic Alfa and there are three or four other boxes from various vendors including seat covers, door cards, all new chrome bits, new outer door handles and a whole lot of new rubber gaskets, etc. The new windshield should be here May 6th. And I took my one good floating bow connector over to the fabricators to have him make me a few new pairs. I still have a few parts to research but the car is off getting painted, so I work on my other cars for a while. Work is never done.....
Attached Images

Alfa-current: '66 Duetto, '69 Spider
Past: '74 Spider, '76 spider, '80 GTV 6
Other-Current: 11 BMWs, Ram 1500
Other-past: 16 BMWs, MGs, Triumphs, other stuff that doesn't count.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome