Alfa Romeo Forums banner

hi performance store.com

6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Dave S 
#1 ·
I ordered their silicone hose kit for the vacuum system on my Spider. The kit came incomplete and the hose that WAS there was sized wrong. The owner, Greg, made excuses after excuse and never once showed any care that the order was messed up. He said send it back for a refund. I said send me a return shipping label and he refused. I asked why should I pay for shipping when you sent the wrong kit. He would not send me a shipping label. Went to my bank, and then finally got someone from his office that emailed me a label immediately. This Greg guy continued to email me and harrass me saying there is no way he was paying for the return shipping( he did not know I had already circumvented him). After I got my refund posted back on my card I emailed him and told him it was handled. He emailed back telling me how it was all my fault.... what a loser. Long story short, I researched the silicone tubing and ordered the correct stuff by the foot and paid 1/3 what he is selling his kit for. Do not patronize this guy. Need a vacuum hose kit? PM me and I can show you how to save some money and not have to deal with a substandard businessman.

#3 ·
It seems ironic, I looked at his website and saw the L-jetronic troubleshooting guide that has helped me so profusely getting my Alfa running..... it does not change the fact though that he was very rude, unaplogetic, and the fact he refused a refund unless I paid return shipping. I have been a businessman my whole life and go out of my way for my clients. I have no tolerance for such practices...

#4 ·
I don't have anything negative to say about the business, but I am not a fan of 'kits'. Especially when everything is available individually. I have sourced all those things through various silicon hose and hose clamp websites for four cars and paid hardly anything for them. I guess some people don't have the time or patience.

#8 ·
I'm not excusing the current customer support issues, but I got a Greg Gordon kit for my old Milano and it was great. No issues with fitting or sizes or it not lasting.

I don't remember exactly how long I had the kit on there, but it was probably like eight years and I know they were still in great shape when I sold the car.

#6 ·
It’s not an excuse for bad service, but I think he has moved on to a new focus, which is developing and providing high end tuning and performance products for modern Alfas and Fiats. I am surprised to hear that the hi performance store website is still active.

#7 ·
So, these hoses don't last "forever" as claimed? I think the fact he has moved on shows in what he sent. Missing items, wrong hides and diagrams and instructions that had been copied so many times or low toner levels that they were totally illegible. He has moved to more important things and can't (and shouldn't)devote time to the bread and butter that gave him what he has. I am a firm believer in Karma and feel sure that whatever he deserves will come to him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.