Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - New owner 1974 GTV has no idea what he got himself into
View Single Post
post #241 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:42 PM
ar1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobroker View Post
@autobroker If you're truly in the market for a Coupe that ia a daily driver 30 K is a market price.

Tom,

The red '74 looks like a daily driver and $21K is less than $30K. The one that sold on BAT was questionable and I felt that $31K was excessive. Based on the photos and info I've found, I wouldn't purchase either the red one nor the Silver one, but if I had to choose, pick the red one and keep $10 for repairs. I could be completely wrong about this as I haven't seen either one in person + there are very few pictures of the red one. For all I know, it could have been in a bad accident, have frame damage, have bad rust, have a bad motor or tranny, etc.

I only quote your last post because I'm hoping that you really do not have any delusions about the $21K car that you have linked to. I see way more issues with limited and really poor photos than even that last BaT car that you put a bid on. Now a days these less than $20K cars that look like they have potential will likely cost double that to bring them up to your "$30K driver quality" that you reference. Decent quality GTVs have, in the last year, left the station as far as being sub $30K cars. Perhaps the market will once again deflate and, then again, maybe not. Please do not assume too much from any sub $35K or $40K car advertisement that you see that isn't well documented and thoroughly presented if you can't inspect it in person. Good luck with your Alfa GTV search.

Last edited by ar1950; 04-15-2019 at 09:45 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome