Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Flaminia Coup¯ -the Bugatti-Wagen-
View Single Post
post #445 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Tedesco
improving
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by B24Spider View Post
That's... rather interesting. I'm sure the story is too. Well made, but why not just source a 3C set, as there's already the manifold? Pertinax? Is that phenolic?

On a related (?) note, have you ever seen the 3B carb set up for a zwei-tack SAAB? Caught my attention at one point, as I probably went through a dozen strokers. Used to have a picture somewhere.
Well, that exactly is the question. If we go back in time; I have a 3c engine (or 3C manifold only) and want to do something good to the aeration. Why not get a set of Webers but do this?

No, Saab 2 strokes with a solex 3 barrel have not crossed my way. There is literally now contact between me and 2 stroke, even my lawn mower is 4 stroke.

While I am writing this! There had been a 2 stroke in my life. I was working in sales for a valve manufacturer and we sold inlet valve stems for MAN B&W two stroke. The valve had a hight of 1,8 m. Cyinder bore was up to 95 cm, power up to approx. 80.000 hp. When I remember correctly one cylinder made about 7.000 hp. If the customer needed more power he just added another cylinder!

Pertinax seems to be a brand name. Seems to be fibre reinforced phenolic or so. Used for circuit board mainly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Flaminia GT 3C, Flaminia Convertibile 3C, Flavia Convertibile 1.8, A112 Abarth, Flaminia Coupé 2.5, Fulvia Sport 1.3S, Unimog U900

Last edited by Tedesco; 04-16-2019 at 09:37 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome