Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Full bare metal respray

4K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  Stradale1! 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
I hope the panels weren't warped by the blasting? What media did they use?

#13 ·
I only mention this because when my Giulia Spider was in for body and paint work, there was another '64 like mine, except it had warped rear quarters due to being set upon by some local sand blasters that had no experience with "exoctic" sheet metal. The owner of the body shop tried to warn the owner of the Spider against such methods, to no avail. It required several hours of body work to correct the mistake,

Fortunately, he used dustless blasting on my Spider with very fine abrasives and water and things were fine. I hope yours turned out the same:)

Ray

#20 ·
This is becasue of Windows 10's auto-rotate "feature".

The photo as taken is actually upside down.

When you copy it to a Win10 computer, Windows looks at the file's metadata, figures it is upside down, so it very helpfully renders it on your screen the right way up ... BUT does NOT update the file's metadata. So you see it the right way up, even though it is upside down.

So when you post the image on any platform other than Win 10, it is still upside down...

Somehow this all made perfect sense to some MS software jockey ...

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.