Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Floor pan spot welds and gearbox removal
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 12:33 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlessandroM View Post
I'm looking for a guide (or a thread?) about the spot welds in the floorpans. I know about the ones between the pans but other than that i have only discovered some when i ground down the seam sealer + some paint, but there must be many more. :-)
The floor pans are spot welded around their extremities; to gearbox tunnel, bulkhead, chassis rails (twice) and rear seat kick panel (I think that is what it is called). The gearbox mount is also spot welded to the floor panel, and there is a cross member in the floor panel middle. Lastly but most importantly to the engine bay member that runs from the front of the car, connects to the bulkhead and under the floor pans until it reaches the previously mentioned cross member (which takes the loads out to the chassis rail and gearbox tunnel). You also will have to confirm safety belt mount reinforcements are there.

Quote:
I need to remove the gearbox in that car as well - does removing the floorpans help in anyway to remove the gearbox (without pulling the engine)?
No. But will make spot welding the floor to the gearbox tunnel easier, I think.
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome