Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Alfa Romeo GTV with factory aluminium panels
View Single Post
post #53 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 02:05 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsharp View Post
It almost sounds like the sort of argument of someone who might be trying to convince Historic Racing Officials or classic car market of some unicorn model
Yep

A few years ago I went to Pukekohe race track in NZ for some reason (I don't think I was driving, so not sure why I was there. Think I was visiting from Sydney and my father was the starter), any way my father took me to this 1750 GTV to have a look as he had been informed by the owner that it was an Autodelta car or a GTAm. The car he showed me was as far as I could tell a dead standard series II 1750 GTV, like mine but red. Now maybe it's ownership history showed that it was once serviced or tuned by Autodelta ... and somehow ended up in NZ, but from what I could see it had absolutely no special parts on it. Maybe it was once left hand drive and the owner really said to my father that it was the chassis type that was used as the basis of the GTAm's ...

Why did I share that story?, because I suspect that this is similar to how the 1750 GTV with factory aluminium panels started. I little bit of factual information discussed with a few hungry and receptive Alfisti, and of course it's been relayed a few times since then ...
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PSk; 01-17-2019 at 02:08 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome