Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Alfa Romeo GTV with factory aluminium panels
View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 02:43 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygtveloce View Post
PS: Steve, please don't take this the wrong way. I'm just having some fun with it. I don't know one way or the other. But, I've been around 105.51 GTVs a LOT, and I've never seen or heard of any coming from the factory with aluminum body components. I don't think they exist. This, coming from 50 years of observation.... just saying
Have to agree.

Homologation was so you could purchase the parts*. They did not have to sell cars with these parts already installed (even though they already had in the form of the earlier GTAs anyway, so maybe they used this loop hole. Heck Enzo Ferrari was famous for finding homologation loop holes, until the FIA slapped him down with the 250 LM). So yeah I assume many GTAms were upgraded for the 1970 season, but no 1750 GTV road cars were ordered and assembled with these alloy doors, boot lids and bonnets. Could have been, but even then it would have likely been dealer installed, not Milano factory installed.

* example of homologation permitting purchase of said parts but Alfa never sold a production car with it is the GTAm cylinder head. Yes GTAm's were built with these heads but they never rolled out of the Alfa Romeo factory with them, they were bought via the Racing catalogue.
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PSk; 01-16-2019 at 03:09 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome