Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Flaminia Coup¯ -the Bugatti-Wagen-
View Single Post
post #407 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Tedesco
improving
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
The 2.5 engines are indeed shrink fit, the 2.8 are slip fit. The clamping force of the shrink is moderate, though. The pulling tool I have made is designed to apply enough force to do the job. Once the liner has broken free it is not a big job to extract it.

Inserting the new liners is far more challenging. I insert them cold (although workshop manual asks for warmed block) but you have to meticulosuly clean the surface of the seats and the bore before inserting the liner. It is vital to push the liner down absolutely perpendicularly, the smallest tilt will cause a failure. I have made an inserting tool that draws in the liner at right angle. Will send pictures when inserting the liners of engine 1339.
(Have done that on five or six engines by now, "proven by practice" although not certified by Lancia)

Hubert

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Flaminia GT 3C, Flaminia Convertibile 3C, Flavia Convertibile 1.8, A112 Abarth, Flaminia Coupé 2.5, Fulvia Sport 1.3S, Unimog U900

Last edited by Tedesco; 06-20-2019 at 01:52 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome