Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - AFrench Blue '69 GTV Restoration
View Single Post
post #1463 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
1750GT
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfamallorca View Post
Here is a pic of my alternator. Not restored, and out of a june 1969 1750 GTV delivered new in Sweden
Thanks for that....another confirmation and one that seems to match the Parts manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post
...It is possible Rossano (1750GT) that your alternator and fan are original to your car and the older style fan was used. .... So if you can prove or are comfortable with that alternator being original to your car I would stick with that fan, but if you can't then all you can do is go by what others are saying (and if so, you now need Alfamallorca to remove their fan to see if there are Bosch part numbers or get a full view of it so you can track down the "correct" one).....
It is possible Pete that this was the case....but I'm not so sure now. Plus I do like to stay with what the Parts manuals shows to be correct. As for the stamped sheet fan...these don't seem to have any part numbers on them so will have to go with photo identification.

I'll be keeping a lookout for this fan style as well as for another pulley........what's a few more small pieces to the puzzle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1971 1750 GTV 105.48 (sold), 1972 1300GTJunior (sold)
1969 1750 GTV 105.5 , 1972 Montreal

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome