Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - AFrench Blue '69 GTV Restoration
View Single Post
post #1462 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 01:24 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
I can see the debate at the concours lawn now

It is possible Rossano (1750GT) that your alternator and fan are original to your car and the older style fan was used. We are talking Alfa Romeo here, and your 1750 is a Series I so there is a possibility they would have used whatever alternators they had in stock until the updated Bosch ones started arriving*. So if you can prove or are comfortable with that alternator being original to your car I would stick with that fan, but if you can't then all you can do is go by what others are saying (and if so, you now need Alfamallorca to remove their fan to see if there are Bosch part numbers or get a full view of it so you can track down the "correct" one)

Pete
* Note the end of the Series II 1750's have the large tail lights and rear panel, so one cannot follow a large tail lighted GTV and turn to your passenger and have a bet for $10k that it is a 2000

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome