Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - 1750 gtv -69 restoration
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
Alfamallorca

Garage
1750 gtv -69 restoration

Hello Alfa lovers! My name is Mathias, and I always loved classic cars. I have had a string of them over the years, including Beatles, Fords, BMWs, Jags, Porsches, Ferraris and of course Alfas. Currently I have a Jensen Interceptor MkIII as my classic ride. But I seem to be returning to Alfas, and especifially the 1750 GTV. In january this year, I was able to buy a series 1 from 1969 that needed rescuing. It is the 3rd 1750 I have had the pleassure of owning.
This car has been off the road for 20 years. The car was sold new in Stockholm in August 1969, and is still registered in Sweden. The complete history of the car is known and documented.
When I found it, it was in a terrible state, and a lot of work will be needed and already has gone into the car to bring it back as you will see in the pictures that will follow.
A full restoration was commissioned and work begann in June this year. Now 6 months in, we are starting to see the end of the bodywork. We aim to paint the car towards the end of January. It was Giallo Ocra from the factory, but I am leaning towards the unusual special order Blu Chiaro AR537.
I will be posting in this thread as a documention of the restoration.
First a couple of pictures as found, and then car stripped and all parts laid out and assesed.
Attached Images

Alfa Romeo 1750 GT Veloce 1969
Jensen Interceptor MkIII 1971

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome