Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Wolf steel floor pans
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 08:01 AM
Alfajay
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
Wolf Steel has been around for quite a while. Their panels are hand beaten over wooden patterns. .... If you can work with sheet metal, these are a good value for someone on a budget.
I have used Wolf Steel panels, though my bodyman did the installation. My sense is that ossodiseppia's comments are accurate: the Wolf panels definitely look like they were made in a simple sheet metal shop, not by a big factory with sophisticated tooling.

A few things in Wolf's defense:

- Some of their panels are a bargain (though some are priced comparable to more the sophisticated panels from Classic Alfa and others in Europe).

- If you live in North America and are cost-conscious, Wolf will be able to ship at a lower cost relative to the European suppliers. Factor that in when comparing prices.

- Wolf's parts are intended to be inserted into assembled cars, patching rusted-out areas. So sometimes their shape differs since they aren't duplicating the way the factory built these cars from scratch.

- Upon seeing a Wolf panel, my bodyman said "I could have fabricated a panel of this quality myself, but given the # of hours it would have taken me, the cost from Wolf was an OK deal".

Jay Mackro
San Juan Capistrano, CA

'65 Guilia Sprint GT
'67 Duetto
'91 164L

Last edited by Alfajay; 11-09-2018 at 08:47 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome