Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Post a pic of your alfa!
View Single Post
post #5585 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 10:50 PM
JimmyCS

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbadaro View Post
This must have left a little dent in your wallet... 1600? Howdoes it feel compared to more modern (70's) vintage marks?

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk
While I cannot make definitive comments on 70's cars since I am not very familiar that era, I can possibly make references in conjunction to my other 1967 AR 1600 Spider, which I believe has the same motor as the SS. Although being the same motors, the SS, relative to the Spider, is much more free revving and light to throttle resulting in much more spirited drive experience. I presume that the SS is lighter overall to the Spider too which could be another contributing factor to the driving pleasure and excitement. I do not know if this is a correct assessment but compared to the SS, the Spider is more "refined" and civilized in how she handles and how the motor responds to throttle.

Saying that, despite the same motors with different tuning (I presume), both are wonderful cars to drive with different personalities.

w/ smiles,
Jimmy
Attached Images

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome