Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - New Guy with a 164S
View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 11:03 AM
jc96
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I'm the weird one here. For many reasons but mainly in that my 164 is a 4 cylinder model with roll up windows, no A/C and such. She lives with me here in Italy and we met by accident... in the lot where I work. Looked neat so I bought it for a song and it had a bad exhaust system. I put a CSC unit on it and am pleased with it tho the 4 banger can't equate to the sound of the 6 bangers!! Slowly over the years I've pretty much rebuilt the car and there is no where I wouldn't jump in her and go. I think when you get her home and figure out what it's about, you'll achieve a sense of direction. This BB is a great place to come to fret and such. Several of us have met at various places around the world and this is by far the best aspect of owning the car. Well that I I really enjoy chasing down NOS parts and such.

You sound excited and this is Great!!! Welcome to the fold. Cap'n Steve is in charge of the ship of fools. I'm with John - tho not sure what rust is - I understand it's something you need to look for on these cars. Ciao, Chris
Attached Images

Maintaining my tenuous strain on reality.
89 164 2l Twin Spark, 2011 Tonka Dump

Recently added: an 89 75 (Milano) 1.6 litre w/44K on the klok.

Past loves:
79 Alfetta GTV w/Spica, my 1st Alfa

An 88 Graduate. Not really love but interesting nonetheless.

A 68 BMW 1602 - man do I regret letting that one go!

79 Scirroco, ex plowed into an illegally parked house with it...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome