Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - 1984 Maratona "Ran when parked..."
View Single Post
post #362 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
horsewidower
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by peakay View Post
Or drive more aggressively!

Have enjoyed reading this saga horsewidower and pulling for you to get this fine machine performing like it should soon. Thanks for posting all the updates and photos.

Had to laugh about the no brake pads experience. I never drove like that, but accidentally had my daughter pump the brakes to "help" me bleed my BMW brakes with the caliper off...just about launched the piston out of the caliper.

I've been wrenching since I could hand my Dad a tool. Never did that before.

On reflection, I've decided that perhaps I'm a determined shade tree mechanic but perhaps not a competent one!

Ahhhh, introspection is such a curse. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a school day. Learning something new all the time

View my '74 GTV restoration at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

View my '91 164s adventure at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

But wait there's more: View my 164LS thread:

You're kidding, another one?! 1984 GTV6 Maratona

You didn't...oh yes I did. '73 Berlina graduate course in rust repair. No thread yet, don't want to piss off the GTV

You didn't...oh yes I did II. 1995 164LS 5 speed, awesome when it runs!!!

Musings on shop related items:

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome