Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Viva AR-66 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
alfa_corsa
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to alfa_corsa
As I await the return of the Giulia from paint Iím getting the shop ready and working on the plan for assembly.

242922 was originally painted Medium Cobalt Blue at the factory in Arese, but I donít know what color the interior was. Presumably it was black, but it could have been brown (Cinghiale). I have no reason to believe that the interior was leather, but I have decided when I reupholster the interior, the seats themselves will be.

I have read of the ďBertone LussoĒ model which apparently was an option when these cars were new, and my parts book indicates that in addition to cloth and vinyl, leather was also an option for the seats and even door panels. Iíve never seen an early 105 with original leather interior, and Iím not such a stickler for originality that I consider it a crime to use the material on the seats of my car, but Iíd love to see a photo of what leather seats looked like from the factory. I would like to replicate whatever the style would have been, presumably the same pattern used on the Texalfa seats, but in leather, and obviously without the basket weave pattern.

Here in Northern California itís warm enough year Ďround that a car without AC is not a lot of fun to drive. Having the back of your shirt soaked with sweat when you drive is unpleasant and uncomfortable.

Does anyone have photos of known original leather seats on GT Veloce models that they can share?

Ciao!
-tj in the Cruz Mtns

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

57 1900C SS (10321) Carrozerria Touring (in process)
59 Giulietta Spider Veloce (05431)
66 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (242922) Reborn
95 Ducati 916
92 Ducati 900SS
91 Ducati 851
66 Ducati Mach 1 Replica

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome