Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Viva AR-66 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
alfa_corsa
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to alfa_corsa
Pete,

She is indeed blue underneath, although I've heard from reputable sources that the factory finish was black undercoating which was not masked before they applied the body color to the rest of the car, resulting in overspray.

For numerous reasons this car will not be 100% original or concours. The extreme measures we had to take to save the car, combined with the very inconvenient timing (concurrent with me attempting a Pebble Beach quality restoration of the 1900C SS) mandate cutting some corners, at least for now. The bills from the body shop for the 1900 are intimidating and so my budget will require me to install some parts which have not been restored (suspension, interior, etc.). After almost 5 years on the Giulia, almost 7 on the 1900, a new home purchase and various other life changes I have to get the Giulia back together. I can go back later and do some of the things I'm neglecting now. It's not an ideal situation, but no expense or attention to the highest standard of work have been spared on the body.

Ciao!
-tj in the Cruz Mtns

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post
alfa_corsa,

Great to here this GT is nearly back to complete again. BTW if you are going for originality then she would be blue underneath not black, and maybe it already is as I do not know if Cobalt blue is very dark blue ... and I'm not great with colours ... sigh

Best
Pete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

57 1900C SS (10321) Carrozerria Touring (in process)
59 Giulietta Spider Veloce (05431)
66 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (242922) Reborn
95 Ducati 916
92 Ducati 900SS
91 Ducati 851
66 Ducati Mach 1 Replica

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome