Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Viva AR-66 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
alfa_corsa
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to alfa_corsa
DHL just delivered a box from Classic Alfa, with whom I've had great experiences in the past. I'm happy to say that the success continues, with the parts I bought all of high quality and in excellent condition upon arrival. What's even more impressive is that I placed my order with them on Monday, February 12th, and they just arrived at my house in the Santa Cruz Mountains (Northern California) today, Thursday the 15th. Classic Alfa as you probably know is in the United Kingdom. 'Nuff said.

On to my continuing restoration, as I await the return of the body from paint I've been organizing parts and getting ready for assembly. My dashboard is in need of restoration as the wood "veneer" is peeling off and faded. Years ago I'd contacted JustDashes in Southern California and at that time they were still restoring these Veloce only dashes. I called them to discuss the job and I was disappointed to hear that they do not do this particular job any more.

I've asked before and not gotten any responses but I'll try again. How many Veloce owners out there have restored their dashes to original appearance, or had someone do it for them? I'd be grateful if you could share with me how you restored this part. I once again submit that it is the hardest part on the GT Veloce to restore.

Ciao!
-tj in the Cruz Mtns

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

57 1900C SS (10321) Carrozerria Touring (in process)
59 Giulietta Spider Veloce (05431)
66 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (242922) Reborn
95 Ducati 916
92 Ducati 900SS
91 Ducati 851
66 Ducati Mach 1 Replica

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome