Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - 1984 Maratona "Ran when parked..."
View Single Post
post #144 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
horsewidower
Gold Subscriber

Doing some planning for next year. AC is big on the list.

I picked up the bracketry for the Sanden conversion. Currently the car has all the engine bay AC removed, and the hacked together Tropic-Aire was removed in the passenger compartment. Man it was a mess, as usual for this car the wiring was a disaster.

I live in California's central valley, where we will see triple digit temperature for extended periods during the summer. I'm looking at Vintage Air systems, and want as much AC capacity as possible. I've looked at some of the threads that have done the conversion, and am looking for any input as to the maximum size system that folks think can be installed. I'd like to try and keep the stock look to the dash and ducting system, and will work on converting any of the VA system controls to work with the stock knobs and ducting.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

As to the project progress...I'm distracted by a couple of things that need to be done on the house. And, waiting for parts from Brazil to properly rebuild the starter solenoid. Oh, and I ordered a nice suspension Christmas present and am waiting for it to journey across the pond from the UK. A full front suspension rebuild is in the plans.

I'll take off between Christmas and New Year's day. Hopefully I can get a couple of full days in on the car.

Bob

Everyday is a school day. Learning something new all the time

View my '74 GTV restoration at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

View my '91 164s adventure at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

But wait there's more: View my 164LS thread:

You're kidding, another one?! 1984 GTV6 Maratona

You didn't...oh yes I did. '73 Berlina graduate course in rust repair. No thread yet, don't want to piss off the GTV

You didn't...oh yes I did II. Deposit down on another vehicle...stop the madness!!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome