Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Engine Seized?
Thread: Engine Seized?
View Single Post
post #272 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 08:40 PM
Jim G
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by factotum View Post
I am going to show my ignorance here, but I love to learn new things, about anything. The Alfa manual shows a meter being used, which reminds me of my old vacuum meter that I used to set the air flows on SU carbs. Is the AFI meter a more accurate vacuum meter? Second, 1 1/2 percent of what, idle compared to max air flow? What is the stock factory percent?

Factotum
What your looking at is how to set the throttle valve to its correct setting. This is set at the factory and should never be messed with.

Attached are the pages for the factory shop manual on adjust the CO. The AFI meter takes the place of the old CO emissions testing machines we used to use. You will need to print a conversion chart off the internet converting the AFI number to the CO number.

Once you set the CO. I recommend around 1.5 percent. When you plug theO2 sensor back up the percentage should drop. If it doesn't the O2 sensor is not working.
Attached Images

1969 1750 Spider Veloce w/dual webers, 1969 1750 Berlina, 1971 1750 Spider Veloce w/ dual webers, 1985 Spider Veloce 23,000 orig. miles, {Two} 1986 Spider Veloces, 1987 Spider Veloce bought new, 1988 Quadrifoglio, 1991 164S, Plus several more. I think they are breeding.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I just got 2 more. Now I have a Matta. I must be crazy.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome