Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - I'm getting the shaft....
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 12:40 AM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frasca View Post
I am unfamiliar with a poly bushing ... the one part of the car that was left alone was the driveshaft, as the "doughnut" and carrier seemed to be in very good shape... I did grease all the u-joint fittings...
If you have a driveline vibration and replace any of the rear suspension bushes with poly instead of the originally specified rubber the vibration is transferred to the body shell and you feel it. Rubber is far superior at isolating vibrations.

Also the same happens if you replace the gearbox mount with poly or stiffer rubber.

So if you are unable to find the source of your driveline vibration and have installed poly (rear) suspension/mount bushes, replace them with rubber first to see if the vibration reduces/goes away.
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome