Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Aussie '66 Giulia Super Resto
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
alfa2go

Phil it would be cool to start the Aussie Strada Giulia Bianca Club! Dave, I still reckon Polizia blue for you. Alex, thanks for the email, will follow up with the extra info soon, Gifford thanks for the parts offer,(Dave too) of course I will look local first but it wouldnt be the first time I have had something big sent over the pond, Robert, I hope it is a good read and thanks for some stuff you have already sent me!

It is a bit daunting, and I am scared what I will find under the paint on the sills and front right guard. It has had a hit on the front right at one stage, and was badly repaired so I will replace the front corner. I have a repro lower valance and may need to replace the upper radiator support too.

Pulling the engine was actually pretty easy once I found all the nuts under 40 years of crap. Gotta be on of the filthiest engines Ive seen! One thing that nearly got me was that the chain I had on the hoist hook was a touch too long and I nearly didnt clear the front radiator support because I hit the limit of the hoist! It is definitely a good tip to have the rear of the car up high.

This is the original engine and at one point I did consider putting a 2L in but I am going to aim for original for this car now. It does have a 1750 head on it though but I will be putting a 1600 back on it.

My father in law is a retired mechanic who is doing the bottom end rebuild for me. It was nice giving him a box full of new parts to go into it, pistons, liners, etc. I have a rebuilt ported and polished 1600 head still in bubble wrap that will take some 10548 cams that should do the job nicely. Will post pics when I find them.

Soooo, full rebuild for this engine including gearbox and carbs.
Attached Images

66' Giulia Super, '67 GT Veloce, '72 Montreal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.montreal.alfa-male.com

Last edited by alfa2go; 08-01-2009 at 04:58 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome