Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Aussie '66 Giulia Super Resto
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
alfa2go

Aussie '66 Giulia Super Resto

Well its about time I started a thread on the “freshening up” of my 1966 Giulia Super.

I bought the old girl a few years back on ebay, well sort of, as I rang the guy made an offer and he withdrew the ad. It has had a hard live after spending 25+ years in Nimbin. Aussies will know that town is pretty infamous for a particular type of grass… Anyway I went and visited the PO down there a couple of months ago and he told me he used it as a ‘work ute’ to carry building supplies up the side of the mountain he now lives on! He also swapped parts onto it from any giulia models he could get his hands on.

So I drove it for a couple of years everyday to get to work, heaps of fun and it performed admirably in traffic. Fixed various small bits and pieces as I went and was going to keep doing this without taking it off the road for any long period of time. When the clutch went I thought I’d pull the engine and well one thing led to another and you know how it goes, here comes the engine rebuild and bare metal respray!

I’ll post a few pics and comment more as I go.

First pics are from the day I bought it.
Attached Images

66' Giulia Super, '67 GT Veloce, '72 Montreal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.montreal.alfa-male.com

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome