Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - For Sale Seat Belt Stickers - Testing the market for interest
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 08:31 AM
Farace

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
Hey Bob, this is the first I heard (or remember hearing) that the 71 model year cars had crab claw seat belts. Does the center chrome hoop have 1971 embossed on it?

If the 71 model year cars came with the crab claw seat belts, I can only guess that they might have had these on them.

I'm still gathering data on the cars. I've got little to no information on the 1971 cars.
When I got my car (after the misuse of more than one PO), the original belts were long gone, replaced by some godawful stiff "racing" belts that were damned near unwearable. I installed the hoop (can't remember what year is imprinted on it) and crab claws (modified a bit by installing a static shoulder belt as well). I'm sure I must have had some photographic reference else I wouldn't have chased them down, but I'm drawing a blank right now. When I get a moment I'll pull out the "Before you drive the 1971 Spider" sales brochure and see if that's where I saw them in a '71.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][B]Bob Farace[/B]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]1971 Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce[/COLOR]
[I]Director, Connecticut branch, Scuderia Non Originale[/I][/FONT]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome