Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Th Future of Our Cars and Hobby/Passion
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 07:19 PM
JoeCab
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
With the changing demographics in the population and many cited technological and social changes, I often wonder what impact that will have on our future ability to drive our old nasty unsafe polluting cars on public highways. There will be drastic changes to ownership models, car companies viability, rental and ride sharing, repair, government revenue means and public policy on competing use of highways.
I believe the future is not as bleak as that.

I've said this before, but people once predicted that automobiles would cause the horse as a species to become extinct. There have certainly been a lot of changes (nobody daily drives a horse to work anymore) but there are also multi-million dollar industries dedicated to the use and enjoyment of horses, in many different ways.

And, from a legal standpoint, riders on horseback still have the right of way on most public roads and trails around here. So I would have to believe that "legacy" automobiles will also have some rights grandfathered in when new rules are made up, at least in rural areas. I can see congested urban areas banning them completely in the near future.

Centerline International - Alfa Romeo Parts & Accessories

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
750-ALFA

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome