Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Th Future of Our Cars and Hobby/Passion
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 05:09 PM
alfa2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfisti164l View Post
That was one of the most depressing articles I've read recently. As a 28 year old vintage car enthusiast I am terrified for 50 years (or even 20 years) from now. I am also seriously afraid of driving my irreplaceable classics on the road with computer driven cars programmed by Government Motors or the others. Maybe when the baby boomers get too old for them, prices will come down and make them more accessible to those of us who still appreciate them. I'm hoping for a Ferrari? None of it will be worth it if it's not legal for me to drive them though...
Jonathan, I'm impressed that you joined this site when you were 16 or 17! I am 39 and feel like I am on the younger side of this hobby. I still want more cars in my garage but at current prices I think there is the chance of major price drop dependent on some major new govt policy changes that could happen. So I can't do this for money, it's more for the enjoyment. So as long as they don't stop me from driving I am ok with decreased values.

66' Giulia Super, '67 GT Veloce, '72 Montreal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.montreal.alfa-male.com

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome