Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - 86 Alfa Spider Veloce Ignition Computer (Behind Driver and Passenger Seats)
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
dancerodie

86 Alfa Spider Veloce Ignition Computer (Behind Driver and Passenger Seats)

Hello Alfa Community!

I just has an ignition computer replaced 1yr. ago (I don't drive the car very much. Maybe 6-7 times within that yr after replacing). After I start the car for the first time of the day, drive for a while, park it (wait 15-20 min) and car wouldn't crank. I know the fuel computer works. So I took it to my mechanic they ran diagnostic and found something to the extent of the ignition computer. The car still drives but sometimes it will choose when it wants to crank or not. My mechanic says it goes into it's limp mode. He did say that you can still drive the car but when it acts as if it doesn't want to crank, put the plug out of the ignition computer (wait 10 sec) and plug it back in and car will start right up. Anyway, my mechanic seems to think it's a computer compatibility issue. I would think that if he's right, then why did it take this long to figure out if it was compatible or not. It was working for a while with the new computer in.

Last edited by dancerodie; 05-10-2017 at 06:12 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome