Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - 1750 project!
Thread: 1750 project!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Lawso

1750 project!

Hi all, I've been searching the forum for a few weeks now just trying to gather information and inspiration for a project I've just bought. It's a 1969 1750 GTV, it's been sat in a garage near me for nearly 30 years!!! And is in a sorry looking state. It's had 3 previous owners, has covered 68000 miles but has little history, only a few old receipts and mot's from the 1980's. It was painted red at quite an early stage of its life but was originally silver. It's going to need all the usual panels replaced; sills, A +B pillar repairs, rear quarter panel, rear + front panels, front wings, sure you get the picture. I'm an ex motor mechanic so I hope to do all mechanical work myself, body work I'm unsure, I've had some huge figures mentioned from proffesionals but after seeing some self restored projects on this forum I'm tempted to undertake it myself.? There is obviously a HUGE amount of info and more importantly advice available on here and I hope to make the most of it. That's it for now. Thanks.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome