Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Are my plug wires bad and if so would that cause stalling after the car is hot?
View Single Post
post #84 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 03:41 AM
twoliterlover

Question Oops? Did we assume too much?

Forgive an old man who no longer has any car such as yours. But I have had two in the past, and several Alfetta models. I know your pain.

After reading this thread over I noticed comment that reminded me of once when I had an Alfetta die twenty miles from home and I had no cell phone with me to call my son. After a couple hours a fellow Alfisti stopped, and after I told him I had done everything. He said: "Have you checked the inertia switch?" I said I didn't even know what that was, so he had me reopen the hood, and then poked the button down and said "Try it now." It worked perfectly. So, here is the comment I saw:

"I ASSUME that you have checked the inertia switch in the engine compartment? This is extremely easy to check, as you can bypass it by simply shorting the two wires together."

I apologize, but you might merely have a defective inertia switch. It can partially short. Why not by pass it and try again? Sometimes the worst and most nagging problems have very simple solutions. You would be surprised how many Alfetta and GTV-6 cars run around with the inertia switch bypassed.

[B]JAY NUXOLL [/B][EMAIL="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"], seriously Alfa diseased and ancient OLD Two Liter Lover, put together Seattle area's Northwest Alfa Romeo Club in 1965, and still feebly tries to tend a teeny sacred flame to his serpent mistress in the [B]ALFA G'RAJ MAHAL[/B], a home garage temple with more Alfa cars and parts than he dare list because of the disapproval of his shamed and chagrined family. (425) 641-2600.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome