Alfa Romeo Forums banner

GAWR of F12

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  richards 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
I have been import F12 (1983 model) fom Italy.
I couldn't registration in Japan. Because Japanese Ministry wants to know front and rear of GAWR.
The manual book has GVWR(2,600 kg).
Does anyone has technical data of F12?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You may want to check with Tony Stevens in the UK (see factory literature in his Romeo Register here).

#6 ·
Hi Kanzi

When I had a problem registering a vehicle in Japan I wrote to manufacturer for a technical answer. Though not precisely what the authorities wanted it was acceptable since it was provided by the vehicle maker!

Not sure who to contact but suggest trying "centrodocumentazione@museoalfaromeo.com" who replaced Marco Fazio`s role in dispensing info. Unfortunately you may have to pay for it!

Richard

#10 ·
Hi Kanzi

My response would be; if AR Milan/Turin does not have the specific info required, i.e. GAWR, I suggest written info by them on headed notepaper/email on what they do have, i.e. GVWR and if possible, the reason they don`t use GAWR.

Another step would be to contact AR in countries that imported F12s and use the GAWR documentation and ask them.

My experience has been that many Italian companies delegate this sort of regulatory documentation to the respective agent in the country. So, you will have to track it down....

Finally, there are a number of these vehicles already in Japan; how did they get registered?

Persevere!

Richard

#11 ·
There is 2 type of registered in Japan.
One for Passenger car registered and the other one is Freight car registered.

The passenger car don't need data of GAWR.
But have to need Exhaust gas inspection.
I need extra cost.
It is not necessary to register a freight car.
But have to need a data of GAWR.

There is few(3 or 4 vehicles I know) F12 and F11 in Japan.
They are manufactured before 1976.
They are no need Exhaust gas inspection even in Passenger car registration.
Also Land Transport Bureau's review was not strict in the past.
And so, One F12 could be registered as cargo.

Anyway, I paid a lot of money then got Exhaust gas inspection recently.
Please look at Japanese license plate. It was last week!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.