Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - For Sale Callaway GTV6 in Chicago
Thread: For Sale Callaway GTV6 in Chicago
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 08:20 AM
Gepetto

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Tyson View Post
Alfa sold 5700 GTV6s in the USA, only 35 of which were Callaways(less than 1% of production). Callaways were blessed by the factory and were sold by Alfa dealers with the usual Alfa warranty. Callaways had 50% more HP and torque and very little additional weight. They're very rare cars that very rarely come up for sale. In my opinion the best examples - like this one- are six figure cars.
Opinion is one thing (especially if you'r not buying), fact is another. If someone actually has $100,000 to spend and buys this car for that sum, then it's worth $100,000. Otherwise, it's not. That's all I'm saying. As of yesterday, there's no evidence this car is worth more than $42,500. If it sells elsewhere for a larger sum, I really would love to hear about it as it'd be a historic day got GTV-6's of any kind.

As a side note, my friend (Griffo on the BB) is working on a GTV-6 registry. It'd be interesting to know how many GTV-6's are currently on the road (read: at least registered) in the US. We both figured it can't be more than 1,500 and likely is under 1,000.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome