Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - 'Originality' in 750/101 cars
View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 03:31 PM
Chi Si Dici
Gold Subscriber

My '71 1750 GTV was the second Alfa I purchased. At the time I was crazy impressed with GTA's and in particular GTAM's. Knowing I never wanted to sell the car (still have after 28 years) I did my thing. Hot street engine, no bumpers, GTAM cones up front, 14 x 7 panasports, oversized open exhaust, kept the Spica pump but had it modified by Norman in Cali. Lucky me, I've never had a problem with my car and 28 years later, looks like it was built a few years ago. However, at the time, the money spent could have purchased a half dozen Giulietta Veloces.

Maybe I'm beginning to show my age, etc... I have come to appreciate some of the older Alfa classics. I realized that steering a nicely restored Giulietta Sprint on 155 tires is heavenly. I have come to appreciate the delicate lines of master designers wheel arches. I have come to understand that an Alfa tuned to factory specs usually runs and performs better than back-yard tune-ups. I now know that a factory carburetor doesn't always need to be a Weber. And that factory interiors were beautiful and rarely do people bother to make them better.

There is no right or wrong on what one does to his or her personal car. However, ..... please don't put a 5 speed 101 transmission on a 4 speed tunnel case and tell me it's "improved" when you decide to sell it.

L'Alfista

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'60 Giulietta Sprint
'64 Giulia Spider Veloce
'65 Giulia Sprint Speciale
'71 1750 GT Veloce
'81 GTV6

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome