Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - 76 Spider Radio Advice
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 05:04 AM
dondavis

Garage
GDM, it's really up to you. I have an aftermarket JVC in my 1986. Not sure if your dash takes the single DIN or the older "spindle" type radio/head unit. Either way, there are plenty of choices out there and Crutchfield is a good place to start. If you don't have a DIN space in the dash, there are several mentions of vendors who make modern electronics for "vintage" cars if you really want to keep it original looking.

I have a JVC head unit and a Jensen Dub 4-ch amp in the trunk, Rockford Fosgate 6x9s in enclosures on the rear deck and some Pioneer 5 1/2 2-ways in the kick panels. IMO you need extra power if you're going to listen to music with the top down.

I can't speak to having anything in the door panels since I don't have anything there. Better there than in the forward kick panels, though, in terms of sound.

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdm412 View Post
Hi All,

I just purchased my first spider, and everything is working except for the radio. I was wondering if you guys have an radio advice for the series 2 spiders. Ideally I don't want to modify the dash, and I noticed a previous owner put their own kickers on the door panels I'd probably want to replace as well.

Thanks

Don Davis
Woodbridge, VA
1986 Spider

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome