Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Pentastar Ramblings
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 06:14 AM
Jim G
Gold Subscriber

Garage
My uncle had several big motorhomes through the 70's and 80's. He had ones that were built on each of the big 3 automaker chassises. They all had problems. It was the beginning of the big motorhome craze and they were all overtaxed with weight. Every time my Uncle took a trip with his family and I went along several times. There was always some type of problem and almost always a major repair when we got back. Usually a trans or complete brake overhaul.

I agree the fuel filter problem was more of the mechanics not being informed. But even now quite a few dealers still suffer from this.

This was always Alfas problem. If you could get old Alfa owners on here that bought one new then sold it in several years later you would here stories just like yours.

1969 1750 Spider Veloce w/dual webers, 1969 1750 Berlina, 1971 1750 Spider Veloce w/ dual webers, 1985 Spider Veloce 23,000 orig. miles, {Two} 1986 Spider Veloces, 1987 Spider Veloce bought new, 1988 Quadrifoglio, 1991 164S, Plus several more. I think they are breeding.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I just got 2 more. Now I have a Matta. I must be crazy.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome