Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - AROSC Time Trial/Race Safety Issues
View Single Post
post #80 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Bruce Colby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Braden View Post
And this, dispute over roll bars and safety, is exactly why ARA withdrew and formed their own organization among other things. Nothing has changed over 20 years, the same discussions, same fights, same issues, etc.

AROSC, or a specific portion of it, is unhappy with AROC rules and how they dictate that track events must be run based on the insurance carrier that they have selected as a non-profit corporation that umbrellas the chapters.

I don't know the answers and am not about to try and solve them, but I see more splits and disagreements in the future over the same issues that have not been satisfactorily resolved or addressed.

Remember it takes members to race; without members to race rules aren't important, so I would suggest trying to seek resolution to the issues so that you do have members to race, both on a local and national level.
I have two comments:

First, I'm not sure why you think AROSC is unhappy with AROC rules. We, AROSC, run our track events without any interference from AROC and without being subjected to any constraints by the AROC insurance carrier. We run our track events according to our own rules and we independently procure insurance to cover those events. Consequently, there is no reason for us to have a problem with AROC rules.

Second, this thread was initiated for the sole purpose of addressing AROSC Time Trial and Race Safety issues. This is a very important topic and I think it is reasonable to expect people to post here accordingly. I appreciate your interest in safety but if you want to discuss club politics, this thread would be better served if you would find in a more appropriate thread for that discussion. If you can't find one that fits your needs, you can always start one yourself.

Bruce Colby - Street = '69 1750 GTV/TS; Track = '65 SGT/TS, '89 E30, '72 914/6
gone to new homes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- '71 Jr. Z, '69 1750 Spider, '62 Spider

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome