Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - android or iphone?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 09:17 AM
steveh29

This thread will probably turn into a debate similar to all the motor oil threads but I'll jump in.....

I have an iPhone and have since they first came out as I've been an iTunes and iPod user since those first came out (albiet those days I did everything on my PC). I'm not an Apple fan boy and have both Mac and PC machines at home. The main family machine is a Mac but my main machine is a Windows laptop. I have all my music in iTunes so it's easier for me to just go with Apple. The Apple closed environment works for me because otherwise my non-computer savvy family is always causing problems (deleted drivers, viruses, weird downloads that break things). I don't have to worry about them downloading some crazy malicious app that's going to mess things up. When the main family machine was a Windows PC I was always having to fix it.

That said, the latest revamp of the iOS has not made me happy and it's darn irritating to text on an iPhone now (at least for my wife and I). I keep thinking about going to Android but for the reasons mentioned above, I'll likely stay with iPhone for the next few years. You need to think about what you're going to use the phone for, what home computer system you are comfortable with using and go from there. I'd argue the iPhone is a bit easier to become familiar with if you have absolutely no smartphone or tablet experience but again, folks opinions will differ.

Steve
1986 GTV6 3.0 - No 2nd gear crunch.... yet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome