Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - I need a top for my '64 Giulia Spider
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Raimondo
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Smile

Jennie,

Merry Christmas!

Good to hear from you. Keith Kelly mentioned that you had purchased the ND Giulia. Good for you. I guess you got the title issue worked out. Perhaps my son, David, and I could come over and take a look at your car (pardon my inviting myself over to your garage!).

In the next week or so, I’m supposed to take my car to a guy in Mannford for body and paint. He does really good work, but I’m not crazy about having my car out in the country for 2-3 months.

Who is going to paint your car? Are you thinking of a full-blown restoration or a “rectification” to full-blown driver status? I do not have the desire (or the money) for a concours show car. I have met so many people (face-to-face and over the ‘net) who owner multiple Alfas, some of which are show cars, but others are daily drivers. Finding garage space for 5-6 Alfas would be a good problem to have!

I would like 57-59 Bertone Sprint, GTC, Giulietta or Giulia SS and a 1989 or 1990 Lancia Integrale H-F, but that will never be the case for me as a professor’s income won’t permit it. So, this is my dream car and I want to do it the way I would have ordered it from Alfa Romeo.

In light of that, I am taking my 64 Spider back to white as it was born white with a black interior, but that is a bit too bland. I have been thinking about a deep, dark red color (50s M-B color) or a nice tan color for the seats, door and rear panels and the drape. I saw gorgeous black MGA 1600 with a stunning tan interior.

A tan top might be nice. What brand is the top and is it vinyl or cloth? Could you shoot me a photo or two? Is there documentation stating that it is for a 101 Giulietta or Giulia Spider as the top for a 750 Spider will not fit ours.
While we’re at it, I’ve got new brand new red both front seat skins from Centerline that came with my car. I need to sell or trade them.

I think you have my email and cell number.

Ray

Oklahoma SNO Alfa Chapter Director
'64/66 Giulia Spider finally back in the garage and painted
'75 Olandase Blu Alfetta Sedan 2.0 & '88 Red Milano Verde; both long gone and dearly missed

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome