Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - For Sale Giulia Super, 2L, white/gray-black, Austin
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Anfanuts
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
Yes, the car was originally Dutch blue. Only the engine bay now remains dark blue. In the PO repaint (see history doc), he had it prepped for TSD rally and did it in the Euro "squadra bianca" style in white with a red nose and no bumpers. Only the trunk and engine bay were left dark blue. The recent refresh work I commissioned repainted the whole exterior but the roof (in very good condition) and the trunk, but the engine bay was not repainted. I made the call to defer the engine bay to some future time when the engine was pulled as it would have added about $1000 and the work was already edging too much northward. While not "Alfa" with matching paint, the paint is very dark blue, almost black, and in good condition so it does not look horrendous as if it were red, yellow or green. It was refit with S2 bumpers, new F&R turnsignals, and window A/C & gutter stainless trim not on Supers post '71. It is after all a nice well-running "driver".

If anyone needs any more pics or info, let me know. I will have it up on the rack and I will take some more underside shots. It is without a coating of waxoil like most northern European cars. It came form Italy to Spain and thence to me. It is good driver quality undercarriage like most European cars, but not for the OCD. Funny that it is actually cleaner than my Pino verde Dutch car which is liberally slathered with waxoil but it does not detract from spirited driving in the least.
Attached Images

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Dijonaise- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -

Dijonaise's 2017 6 week, 4400 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Dijonaise's 2019, 5 week, 3800 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Last edited by Anfanuts; 05-31-2014 at 06:58 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome