Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Post a pic of your alfa!
View Single Post
post #1798 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Anfanuts
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
INTRO: '69 1750 SV Since '75

I picked this '69 US-spec 1750 SV up in 1975 for my best birthday yet. Bought at Jim Gray Imports in Long Beach, CA (now long gone). I'm the 2nd owner so it's in pretty original "OE" shape. NO rust on body or chassis. Have had time to make some tweaks such as W&D street package, sump guard, a 73 shimmed-up LSD, ca.85 Cromadora Daytonas, and of course Cibies and a Maserati tri-tone horn. There are a few non-stock bits exchanged such as the larger side view mirrors (but I have OE-type in chrome) and Euro tail light lenses (have the red-red). I retain all OE bits. Evidence emerging (skim of bondo) of slight nose bump (PO) and a couple of other small superficial bumps easily skimmed and lots of rock dings. PO had a luggage rack on the back lid (removed) and will patch holes at next repaint (yes, paint dates to a '75 cheap dealer repaint). This makes it what you call a "20 foot car" - nice looking from 20' away. Seems to have the OE top (I've replaced the rear vinyl window once). Major spec engine & tranny rebuild 12k ago, and recent major mechanical renovation of all other mechanical systems. Now working on interior rehab, next the top, and then perhaps the paint. It's a "daily driver" but not used daily.

I've been with AROC & AROSC since 1975, and now added TxHCC also. I just recently found and joined the BB (8/07). The BB rocks over the old school days of info exchange. I will ask a lot of questions and can share my very limited knowledge of 69's. I had a 69 Berlina for several years which came with 45DCOE's which really roared but had to change it back to Spica (CA smog). Wish I still had it. Interior pics later; big gaping holes with instruments out being refurbished. Thanks for your anticipated expert help! All for now. Bruce
Attached Images

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Dijonaise- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -

Dijonaise's 2017 6 week, 4400 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Dijonaise's 2019, 5 week, 3800 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Last edited by Anfanuts; 05-04-2008 at 12:53 PM. Reason: typos

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome