Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - steering wheel identification.
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 04:05 PM
alfavirusnz

Yes I`ve just been going through my old brochures, including a German market one, and a book of road tests of Giulias. Got quite a library, and I buy old Alfa brochures & handbooks.- The RHD market was different and I am correct regarding that RHD (Australian version, which at that stage basically the UK market version) in that the wheel is off a 1600 Ti. You are right though Sebastien regarding the LHD markets.
A couple of other things I learnt in going through the brochures was that there was a very basic 1300 Giulia below the 1300 Ti, and there was an all black version of that "futuristic" steering wheel.
One difference I have noticed between Giulia Veloce`s pic and my steering wheel is that his rim is fatter, almost as if it is padded and black vinyl covered whereas mine has a shiny hard black plastic rim. did they change them in detail sometime in the production life. My car according to Alfa Storico was manufactured early 1965 for the UK market.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome