4Likes
  • 1 Post By conedriver
  • 1 Post By Renaldo
  • 2 Post By conedriver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Convention

Would like to know! Right up I5 from me....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Platinum Subscriber

August 8-12 (2018) ? AROC Sempreverde 2018 National Convention in Olympia, Washington | AROC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiBum View Post
Would like to know! Right up I5 from me....
davbert likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

George Schweikle

1976 Spider (Dedicated Autocrosser, "SPICA, No Carbs")
1991 Spider Veloce (Retirement cruiser)
Scuderia Non Originale
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Gold Subscriber

Please, more information on what this 'Fun-Kana' is at 'The Ridge' ?? I looked for additional info on the SempreVerde website, but I didn't see any additional explanations.

Thanks!
horsewidower likes this.

Ron
16 Caddy ATS-V w/6sp MT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 04:12 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo View Post
Please, more information on what this 'Fun-Kana' is at 'The Ridge' ?? I looked for additional info on the SempreVerde website, but I didn't see any additional explanations.
I'd like to know, also. I'm thinking about attending.

Bob

Everyday is a school day. Learning something new all the time

View my '74 GTV restoration at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

View my '91 164s adventure at:

But wait there's more: View my 164LS thread, now parts car status:

You're kidding, another one?! 1984 GTV6 Maratona

You didn't...oh yes I did. '73 Berlina graduate course in rust repair. No thread yet, don't want to piss off the GTV

You didn't...oh yes I did II. 1995 164LS 5 speed, awesome when it runs!!!

Musings on shop related items:
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Platinum Subscriber

From what I understand, the sponsoring AROC chapter couldn't find anyone to conduct a proper autocross. I'm kinda bummed since this is my favorite event so I'm trailering my Alfa across the country for the time trials only.

Having said that, and also chaired a national convention, I understand that many AROC chapters don't conduct autocrosses, don't have pylons or timing equipment, and are dependent on others to do this. I also run SCCA autocrosses so it was easy to pay our local region to conduct our 2011 convention autocross. For the 2005 Convention in Seattle, the local Porsche club provided a very good autocross but apparently no one in the Seattle / Olympia area wants to do this for 2018.

"Fun-Kana" sounds like the Gymkhana events that were popular 50 years ago where navigators speared balloons or potatoes and part of the course was done in reverse. That is what enthusiasts did then, many really enjoyed the activity, and I'm sure the 2018 Fun-Kana will appeal to some people so give the organizers credit for trying to fill a gap. We are still planning to attend the convention and anticipate a great time, albeit without the autocross event that has been traditional at AROC conventions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo View Post

Thanks!
Renaldo and horsewidower like this.

George Schweikle

1976 Spider (Dedicated Autocrosser, "SPICA, No Carbs")
1991 Spider Veloce (Retirement cruiser)
Scuderia Non Originale

Last edited by conedriver; 05-03-2018 at 09:57 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 10:53 AM

Convention/Funkhana

Quote:
Originally Posted by conedriver View Post
From what I understand, the sponsoring AROC chapter couldn't find anyone to conduct a proper autocross. I'm kinda bummed since this is my favorite event so I'm trailering my Alfa across the country for the time trials only.

Having said that, and also chaired a national convention, I understand that many AROC chapters don't conduct autocrosses, don't have pylons or timing equipment, and are dependent on others to do this. I also run SCCA autocrosses so it was easy to pay our local region to conduct our 2011 convention autocross. For the 2005 Convention in Seattle, the local Porsche club provided a very good autocross but apparently no one in the Seattle / Olympia area wants to do this for 2018.

"Fun-Kana" sounds like the Gymkhana events that were popular 50 years ago where navigators speared balloons or potatoes and part of the course was done in reverse. That is what enthusiasts did then, many really enjoyed the activity, and I'm sure the 2018 Fun-Kana will appeal to some people so give the organizers credit for trying to fill a gap. We are still planning to attend the convention and anticipate a great time, albeit without the autocross event that has been traditional at AROC conventions.
George,

Very similar to what you mentioned as far as the gymkhana ...

See this link: http://funkhana.com/ for some examples.

My youngest, will also be disappointed about the lack of an autocross ... her favorite place to get rides. Although, I think the girls and their boyfriends are going to do the Go Karts at The Ridge after doing the Parade Laps with Phil so they'll have some idea of the kart track, which is a smaller version of the actual track.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)

Last edited by Pat Braden; 05-03-2018 at 11:05 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 01:32 PM

AROC Covention 2018 in Olympia, Washington

I have an extra banquet ticket for sale if anyone is interested or needs an extra ticket. The meal selection is currently beef but can be changed. The price is $50. One of our group was unable to make the event.

You must be registered for the convention and be an AROC or accepted affiliated member to use the ticket. Both conditions must be met.

This has been cleared with the convention registration chairperson and will be facilitated as far as name tag change for the event through them, but I will receive payment for the ticket.

PM me if interested.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode